AKHIMA Scholarship Announcement
The AKHIMA Scholarship Committee is now accepting applications for two scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Amber Peterson Scholarship
- $500.00 award to pay for the RHIT examination.
- Type: For students at the end of their HIM Program who are preparing to sit for the RHIT examination.
- Alecia Graham Scholarship
- $1,000 award.
- Type: For students in a HIM or HIT Program, who are Alaska residents, and are planning to sit for their RHIT or RHIA examination.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Member of AHIMA and have selected Alaska as the Component State Association (CSA).
- Enrolled in an RHIT or RHIA degree program, which is accredited and have completed at least 50% of that curriculum.
- Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better.
- Not have received an AKHIMA scholarship at any time previously.
- Submit completed applications with all required components by the deadline.
Application and Award Dates for 2022:
- October 10: Application Opens
- February 28: Application Closes
- April Annual Meeting: Recipients are notified
- Send completed applications to email@example.com