Manager – On-Site Access Services & Health Information Management *$7,500.00 Sign-On Bonus*
Providence is calling a Manager, On-Site Access Services & Health Information Management to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska.
$7,500.00 Sign-On Bonus
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
- Manage Access Services on-site operations with focus on accurate registrations, superior customer service, high employee satisfaction and maximized reimbursement.
- Management of Chart Processing / Storage / Retention / Destruction, Chart Scanning, Deficiency Analysis, Coding and Transcription, Customer Service, Release of Information functions and staff.
- Ensure adequate staffing coverage including providing 24/7 on-call support in Access Services to resolve staffing or emergent department issues.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided as well as adherence to consistent quality and productivity standards
- Track KPI’s, metrics and take action on outcomes including data accuracy, patient satisfaction, compliance measures/requirements, POS collections and patient wait times, ORC-determined metrics related to chart processing such as scanning turnaround times and deficiency analysis such as Joint Commission Chart Delinquency rate to maximize performance and ensure Revenue Cycle goals are met or exceeded.
- Operational responsibility of all departmental budgets within leadership scope including budget development, monitoring, cost approval, reconciliation of expenditures and discrepancies.
- Develop strong working relationships with facility/regional department Managers to ensure open communication channels and coordinated service delivery.
- Ensure department compliance with Federal, State and local laws, standards and regulations.
- Develop and mentor staff.
- Represent Access Services, HIM and Revenue Cycle at facility-based meetings so that ORC functions are integrated with facility processes to optimize outcomes and the patient experience.
- Maintain primary responsibility for department disaster and contingency planning.
- Based on position, may have responsibility for oversight of PBX/Information Desk and/or Inpatient/Bed Control/Transfer Center function(s).
- Perform local facility procedures related to breaches in confidentiality and works closely with the Legal Health Record Integrity team and other resources on privacy concerns
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a healthcare related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- 5 years overall experience in integrated healthcare system in any aspect of access services, HIM or related position, including 3 years of experience in management.
- Working knowledge of Revenue Cycle processes with emphasis on Front End including Registration, Scheduling and Insurance Verification and reimbursement contracts.
- Monitoring and adherence to regulatory requirements including HIPAA, CMS, JC, EMTALA and others.
- Standardizing complex and disparate practices and maintaining common processes.
- Process improvement methodology, change management, operational improvement in complex systems.
- Flexible staffing models including staff scheduling to volume and cross-training to optimize productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Mentoring and coaching/counseling.
- Optimizing workflow processes with emphasis as they relate to complex computer systems.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- RHIT or RHIA Preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) preferred.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Professional (CRCP) preferred.
- Strong EMR proficiency preferred.
- Chart Scanning experience preferred.
- Epic Healthcare Systems experience preferred.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Instructions for Resume Submission: